Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ROSE MARIE'S HOME

Today, I want to share with you the home of a dear friend, Rose Marie.

To honor this wonderful woman, I thought I would share her home decorated at Christmas. These pictures were taken in 2009.....

Rose Marie was missing this weekend when I had my Fall Get Together for friends and family.
Click HERE if you missed the post...

Rose Marie was diagnosed with Breast Cancer over 20 years ago and has been fighting against it ever since.

Her husband Joe has always been by her side. In fact, Joe and Rose Marie remind me a lot of my parents in the fact that they do everything together.....

And he is by her side now, taking care of her....

Rose Marie has made Victorian crafts and hats for many years and this is how I first met her. The name of her business is Victorian Rose and is quite fitting.

This is Rose Marie at an event we attended at the Stegmaier Mansion a few years ago.


She is truly a beautiful woman, inside and out.

I am asking for your prayers for my dear friend, who is in desperate need of them. On top of receiving chemo and radiation for metastasis, she has been diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica which is a disease that causes muscle pain and fatigue.
She can barely get out of bed these days.....

Up to 2 years ago, in her 70's, she still decorated her home with 5 Christmas Trees.

You can see she is a woman after my own heart.

Her style is French Provincial and Victorian.

This is the Fireplace in her Living Room...


Her many dolls.....

A beautiful tree beside the fireplace....

A beautiful musical vignette on a chair....

One of the hats and capes that she creates....

Another tree on a table in the corner of the Living Room....

I have those same rose lights.....


This tree has many ornaments from Rose Marie's childhood...

Stunning....

Is there anything better than dolls and bears!!

The cabinet below.....

This tree is in the hall way as you enter the Sitting Room.....




Looking back into the Living Room from the hall way....

Don't you just love that chandy.....
After seeing this, I decided to add shades to mine....

Tea Pots on a shelf in the Sitting Room....

Christmas village in the Sitting Room....

Another Tree in the Sitting Room....

Mannequin in the Bedroom.....

Some of the many hats that Rose Marie made.....

Her doll carriage with her childhood dolls.....

On her dresser on the far right is one of her creations....

She is a true Victorian Rose , is she not????

Another one of her hats....

Rose Marie and Joe are Members of our Victorian group...

Here we are at one of the signings at Barnes and Nobles when Joe Matteo and the Stegmaier Mansion was featured in Victorian Homes magazine..

Rose Marie, me, Carol and Anne Marie...


Here we are 2 years ago at Sugar's Tea Room for Christmas Tea...

Carol, Amy, Lisa, Rose Marie and me....

Me , Anne Marie and Rose Marie at Sugar's.....

And that is Rose Marie on the left when we had the honor of decorating the Stegmaier mansion for Christmas last year.....


Rose Marie is one of the most elegant women I know.
Please keep her is your prayers.....

We miss her so much!!!

This is one of my finds at the half price sale at Volunteer's of America.

This pretty tree skirt will look pretty in my Guest Room and was $4.99 and then Half off.


And I had to show you this.....

A Tea Pot Cozy made and gifted to me by one of my friends, Sue.



Isn't it sweet??
I am a vendor at a Craft Fair this weekend and working at the hospital so it may take a bit of time to visit all of you....

Next week, I will try to get everything set for the " Show me your Tree" Party!

Thanks so much for your overwhelming response in regards to holding this type of party.......

I am linking up to :

Pink Saturday

Seasonal Sunday

Amaze ME Monday

Masterpiece Monday

Mod Mix Monday

Table Top Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Rednesday

Open House Party Thursday

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Potpourri Friday

Show and Tell Friday

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Home Sweet Home Friday

Deck The Halls Friday

Thanks for stopping by today and every day that you visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie