Tuesday, December 6, 2011

HOME TOUR, Part 6 , the POWDER ROOM

Welcome to Part 6 in our HOME TOUR.

Today I will be showing you our Powder Room.

If you missed Part 1, the Front Yard, please click HERE

If you missed Part 2, the Kitchen, please click HERE

If you missed Part 3, the Dining Room , please click HERE

If you missed Part 4, the Living Room, please Click HERE

If you missed Part 5, the Den, please click HERE

First , I want to say THANK YOU to all those who are leaving comments, to my new followers and to all those who simply stop by but do not comment. I watch my stats and see how many of you are visiting and I understand that everyone does not have the time to comment!

THANK YOU so much for your visits!!!

I have a small Powder Room downstairs but my washer and dryer is in there behind Bifold doors so it actually gets a lot of use...

Normally, I have pink frilly Victorian style decor in the Powder Room but for Winter, I change it into a Winter Wonderland....

When you walk in the door and look to the left, this is what you see....

I pulled the blue color out of the border and have a Snow Buddy Theme in this room.....


Now many of you have seen this room decorated like this before but some have not.....

And angel hanging and a wreath that I many MANY years ago....

A Snow Man picture....

I love the blue slate that I have hung above the Medicine Cabinet...

This was actually a mistake... I zoomed in a bit much and the camera took the pic but I sort of like the close up....


On a little shelf above my sink....

Not much of a sink but I do have the smallest bathrooms known to man in this house!!

And we are turning....

The shelf above the toilet....

Penguins for Joe (we have season tickets to AHL WB- Scranton Penguin Hockey)....

The middle figurine says " Penguins Hockey"!!

Below the shelf....

One of my after Clearance Target buys for $3.50!

It has batteries and lights up blue!

Now you may think how in the world is she going to get a tree on that estagere , let alone a 3 foot one....

When there is a will , there is a way!!

The tree is wired to the toile tray hanging on the wall and to the stand itself so it will not fall over or be knocked down.....


Then I straighten out all the branches right through the shelf itself....

And there it is......

And now here it is!! Tree # 9!

I can not use lights on this tree since it is not near a receptacle but for next year, I am think battery operated LED warm white lights or I may actually go with the Cool white since they do look blue and that would work in this room...

I added beaded garland, Snow Buddy ornaments, sparkly evergreen picks and blue berries along with buffalo snow stuck into the tree to fill it out!


As you can see the tree is right through the shelf...



Underneath the tree is another Target find that was $6.00 on Clearance and also lights up via battery...


Another little stand next to the estagere....

And I have Buffalo Snow under the tree......

One more shelf unit....

A swag I made...

I hang ornaments just about anywhere...


More snow Buddies....


Every Snow Buddy on this shelf has a special meaning to me....

The one of the left reminds me of my mother , who still had a wringer washer when I was a child, emptying the wringer washer with buckets.
And the one of the right is in honor of my Dad who was a carpenter by trade, see his little tool belt.

From the left, "Shop til you Drop", need I say more?
The along those same lines is "Charge!!"
And the next one is "Tea Party"

Again from the left,
"Oooops!!" , I am not the most agile person!
"Remodeling", my house is in a constant state of remodel....
And " Hill Thrill", I loved to sleigh ride as a kid since I lived on a big hill....


This is above the Bifold doors that house the washer and dryer....



And above the door way...

And here is what it looks like at night.....




Now this room will stay this way all Winter. I will change out the Christmas SnowBuddies for some Valentine's Day Snow Buddies.

Well, there is only one more Part in our HOME TOUR, the Upstairs!!

So far I have shared with you 9 trees....

There are 6 more upstairs......

Yes, there are 15 Trees for 2011!!

They will be coming to take me away to the Funny Farm shortly.....

I hope you will come back for the Final Part of our Home Tour!

AND I AM FINALLY DONE DECORATING!!!

So I will have some time to start to visit everyone again and catch up!!

I am linking up to these great parties:

WOW US Wednesday

Open House Party Thursday

Show and Tell Friday

Home Sweet Home Friday

Potpourri Friday

Vintage Inspiration Party

Pink Saturday

Seasonal Sunday

Metamorphosis Monday

Masterpiece Monday

Amaze me Monday

Blue Monday

Mod Mix Monday

Tabletop Tuesday

And these Christmas blog Parties:

Show your Glow Linky Party

Christmas Party @ A Holiday Haven

I'll Be Home For Christmas Linky Party

Christmas Blogger Block Party

Itz Festival Time

Christmas Cheer Blogger Party:

Holiday Vignettes @ A Thoughtful Place

O Christmas Tree @ Honey we're Home

Please take some time to visit all the wonderful hosts of these great parties and all those who are playing along!!

Thanks so much for visiting me today and every day that you take the time to do so!!

Hugs,

Debbie