Friday, August 13, 2010

Long Weekend

Alright lovelies, I'm heading out for a long weekend at a family member's place in Cape May, New Jersey -- it's absolutely one of my favorite places to be. An uncrowded beach, chaise lounge, umbrella, and feet in the sand. Historic hotels, roadside stand tomatoes, mini-golf and ice cream.

Maybe it's something having to do with post-birthday reflection, but it's a much-needed break from the craziness of the past few weeks. I was on the (non-metaphorical) stairmaster yesterday when Strawberry Fields came on my iPod, and I found myself thinking "heck, yeah," when the line "It's getting hard to be someone" was sung. Challenges are definitely getting harder, but I think I'm ready for a little kick in the butt.

All of this makes me even more grateful for the chance to recharge and think about all of the things I want to work on this year -- professionally, blog-wise and life-wise. I hope you get some much needed R&R as well -- c'mon, I know you need it!

I leave you with....
Images via Vogue, Unicornology